Section 1. Assess how you feel about yourself.
- What is your biggest piece of emotional baggage?
- What are the old patterns you love to repeat?
- How often do you engage in negative self-talk?
- Do you try to be something you’re not?
- What is the best part of you?
Section 2. Assess how well you know or can spot your self-care needs.
- What do you want right now?
- What is at the root of what’s bugging you?
- Do you consider yourself busy?
- What is your number one core value?
- Did you try something new this year? And if so, what was the outcome?
Section 3. Assess your past week.
- How many times this week did you get physical self-care?
- What have you done this past week for physiological self-care?
- How much time did you spend on emotional self-care this week?
- How many days this week did you have spiritual self-care?
- How well do you practice self care at work?
We’ve got Dr. Chaos, also known as Jordan Brick himself. He is a self-proclaimed master of pretend and the king of shenanigans! Plus he’s got some really awesome tips for you guys today. He’ll share how he’s able to make self-care work in a relationship and share all about, how playing as a adult is very important for, so make sure you are prepared for this one! It’s gonna be loaded.
Self Care is Sexy was voted to be a part of Portland’s first annual Podcast festival http://pdxpodfestival.com.
I had a great time meeting with and talking to other nerdy podcasters! I was so impressed by the other shows that were a part of the event, and I felt really lucky to be on stage and to watch other shows, how they do their shows and get to know all of the other great nerdy podcasters. Which there were a lot. And I was so impressed by how many fans that were there. It felt good to see all these people who enjoy doing the same fun random stuff as I do. That’s why I love Portland so much. The love and support from the crowd was so cool and they were really into it, and I could tell these were long standing fans of the shows! I got to meet Caitlin Weierhauser of Room of Requirement 237! http://rivercitypodcastfederation.com/ror237/ who was hilarious and a blast to watch on stage. And of course I had to fan girl out a little bit when I talked with Sarah X Dylan from Funemployment Radio in the potty before the show. http://funemploymentradio.com
DIY SELF CARE KITS – You can makes these as great gifts to you or someone else.
You will need:
1. Gift bags – You can get them cheap at the dollar store, order online.
2. Self-care items – Can be all different kinds. Helps to buy assembly style. i.e. 20 little hand soaps from Bath and Body Works, or like pack of teas.
3. Fancy pants paper – Tissue paper to stuff and decorate with. There’s got to be a hippy among us that makes it for fun!!
4. Little cards – With ideas from “The List” found at www.selfcareissexy.com.
5. Glitter, confetti, bedazzle stickers! – Decorate and have fun!!
The can kit include –
Coupons to yourself to do something nice for example, get a massage, get nails done, uninterrupted bath night/home spa day, 1 hour Do Not Disturb time. Bottle of wine or tea and.or coffee. Scented candles.
Adult coloring book with pens/markers.
A journal *extra credit if it’s to yourself and you write positive phrases in the footer of every tenth page (share some examples).
Self-care is sexy bookmarks/and or stickers.
Self-care has many positive effects on our mind, bodies and souls. You can tell when someone is making themselves a priority. They have an air of confidence about them. They know when to say no, and how. Best of all, people who make self-care a priority are able to accomplish more, feel better and are enjoying life so much more.
QUESTIONS TO PONDER?
Q: Why is self-care important?
Q: What are the benefits of self-care?
Q: How do we know if we need self-care?
Q: How can we make self-care a priority?
How do you know if you are over stimulated? First, let’s go over our senses.
4. Smell, and
The sixth sense is perception!
QUESTIONS TO PONDER:
Q: Are you being overloaded with things from the environment around you?
Q: Are these environmental factors within your control?
Q: What can you do to control the stimulation you are experiencing?
Ten different self-care ideas to recover from overstimulation;
- EFT – Tapping
- Time management – the pomodoro technique
- Empower yourself s
- Do something just because it makes you happy
- Finger tapping